Thursday, May 22, 2008

What a great event!

It was clear from the YNPN San Diego Meet and Greet last night, May 21st, 2008, that there are a great many emerging leaders looking to connect with one another. I have never under-estimated the importance of networking and last night just affirmed my commitment to it all!

I was amazed at the number of people who came out to become a part of YNPN San Diego if they weren't members already. I was also in awe of the generosity demonstrated by the attendees! We are really at the grassroots level, just beginning our journey to becoming an independent nonprofit or a fiscally-sponsored organization, but we couldn't do all of this without the efforts of volunteers and the kindness of donors!

As I said to many folks last night, I am new to the San Diego area and was hoping that setting up a Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) here would help me learn more about the nonprofit community and the individuals within it. I was right...I learned so much from everyone last night and wrangled up some opportunities for myself and for YNPN San Diego.

I would love to hear what you thought of last night's Meet and Greet. Share your experience here or provide suggestions for future events. We want to hear from you, so use your voice loud and clear!

Thanks for a great night and I hope to see you all again soon!

Emily Davis, Founder and Board Member, YNPN San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted based on approval. We encourage comments of all kinds including constructive criticism and debate. Please contact info@ynpnsandiego.org for any questions.