Monday, February 16, 2009

Thoughts on Meet and Greet February 2009

From Board Member, Serena Ngo...

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of event-planning. There's ALWAYS something that goes wrong and being the point person for an event is extremely stressful.


With that said, the first Meet & Greet mixer of 2009 was fantastic! A huge thanks to Nicks at the Beach for the incredible support and generosity. Fernando and the rest of the staff were so accommodating and made everything so easy! And the support of the YNPN Board and Meet & Greet committee took almost all of the stress away. So thank you to everyone who was involved! It was nice to have a change in venue and the turnout was great. I saw familiar faces as well as many new ones! The feedback on these networking opportunities was really positive so I'm glad that our members are finding these events valuable AND fun!


The one thing that could have gone more smoothly (at least in my mind) - After the 100th "umm," I think I'll pass on public speaking for awhile!


I can't wait for the next one in April - YNPN's one year anniversary! Hope to see you all there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted based on approval. We encourage comments of all kinds including constructive criticism and debate. Please contact info@ynpnsandiego.org for any questions.