Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Meet the Advisory Board: Serena Ngo

SerenWhat are your roles within the nonprofit community?

"I am the Training Coordinator for Nonprofit Management Solutions where I am responsible for the planning, marketing and implementation of nearly 300 professional development workshops annually. In addition to being a part of the Advisory Board at YNPN San Diego, I am also a volunteer with Center for Community Solutions as an advocate for victims of sexual assault."

Tell us about an experience you have had with YNPN San Diego.

"All of my experiences with YNPN San Diego have been terrific! My fellow advisory board members are a group of incredible, talented, motivated and dedicated individuals and it has been a privilege to work with all of them as well as the membership and nonprofit community."

Name a person or resource that has helped you in your nonprofit career and why.

"My time at Nonprofit Management Solutions (NMS) has been critical in helping me determine my future career goals. Sara Roscoe Wilson, the Executive Director, has shown me so much encouragement, advice, and support over the years and without her leadership and guidance, decisions regarding my career choices could have taken a lot longer. So thank you Sara and the rest of the amazing staff at NMS!"

Just for fun - what was the last dream you had?

"I dreamt I met up with an old friend from UCLA for drinks - maybe a sign since I'll be returning this fall for grad school."

Serena will leaving the Advisory Board this summer to prepare for her next venture in graduate school at UCLA's MSW program. All of us at YNPN San Diego wish her the best of luck and thank her for amazing dedication!

Read Serena's full bio on our website...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted based on approval. We encourage comments of all kinds including constructive criticism and debate. Please contact info@ynpnsandiego.org for any questions.