Sunday, March 14, 2010

Meet the Board: Joe Buehrle

What are your roles within the nonprofit community?

I love the nonprofit field and have worked in a variety of sectors from child welfare to adult mental health. Currently I serve as the Program Coordinator for SAY San Diego’s Healthy Start Military Family Center where we provide parent support and empowerment activities for military parents and children. I also enjoy volunteering on the YNPN San Diego Board (Partnership Committee Co-Chair) and with a local community organizing group, the San Diego Organizing Project.

Tell us about a great experience you have had with YNPN San Diego.
I moved to San Diego about a year and a half ago without a job. YNPN San Diego was a great networking resource to meet great likeminded folks. My favorite part of YNPN is the Meet and Greets. Beyond professional support, being new to San Diego, YNPN lead me to a great group of friends I now hang out with on a regular basis.

Name a person or resource that has helped you in your nonprofit career and why.

I must continue the shout out to YNPN. I finished graduate school ready to “change the world” and moved to San Diego only able to find a minimum wage job. YNPN became my only source of hope, sanity and professional fulfillment. Through [YNPN], I have met [many] people, opened doors to numerous professional opportunities, found my current job and was lead to great resources… not to mention spending many fun nights on the town at award events, conferences, galas, and taking in the arts.

Just for fun – what was the last dream you had?

Well… you may regret to have asked, but the truth is… my last dream was about me and a buddy from graduate school kicking guacamole filled soccer balls around in a field of guacamole. Why I dreamed this, I have no idea but it is an odd combination of three of my favorite things: soccer, guacamole and good times with friends!!!

Thanks for sharing Joe! Who knows, maybe guacamole soccer may become a reality – Guacamole Goalie – I like the sound of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted based on approval. We encourage comments of all kinds including constructive criticism and debate. Please contact info@ynpnsandiego.org for any questions.