Tuesday, April 28, 2009

YNPN Boar Retreat 2009

A couple of months ago I stepped down from the YNPN San Diego board because of my class load. At the time I was relieved to have one less thing on my plate. However recently Emily Davis, YNPN SD's, founder asked me to attend the board retreat since I've been with the organization since its inception.

The retreat was an amazing experience. I enjoyed being in a room full of 18 excited and passionate emerging leaders. I thought to myself during the retreat and I think I even said it out loud--I love this organization!! The retreat was so invigorating. Also, our retreat facilitator said we were really good at communicating with one another and we were good listeners!!

We created our strategy for the year, talked through some tough issues, and tried to be the board we have always wanted to be.

--
Posted By Heather Carpenter to Nonprofit Leadership 601

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and posted based on approval. We encourage comments of all kinds including constructive criticism and debate. Please contact info@ynpnsandiego.org for any questions.